This is a two-day blended course.
Saturday 28 May 2022 Theoretical Elements (online)
Sunday 12 June 2022 Practical Elements (face to face)
Experienced sedationists may attend the Theoretical Elements webinar alone as a refresher.
- Aspects of anxiety and pain control, treatment planning and patient assessment. The use of behavioural management, selection and appropriate use of drugs for sedation techniques.
- Physiology, anatomy and pharmacology relevant to Conscious Sedation.
- Organisation of the dental team, medico-legal aspects of sedation, record keeping, psychological and physiological monitoring of the sedated patient.
- Revision of the requirements of the General Dental Council in relation to the provision of Basic Life Support. Current UK Resuscitation Council Guidelines will be provided.
- Clinical cases of various conscious sedation techniques are assessed and practitioners may have practical experience of Relative Analgesia.
SAAD members are entitled to a discount of £30 - members must be logged in to claim this discount.
If your registration fee will be paid by a third party; please ensure that you enter, under 'purchaser info', all of the details they require to appear on the invoice.
Re ILS training - practitioners must be able to provide age-appropriate immediate life support as defined by the main elements of the Resuscitation Council (UK) ILS and PILS training programmes. It is not essential to undertake a Resuscitation Council (UK) accredited ILS/PILS course. Alternative courses with equivalent content which are adapted to the needs of dental practice are acceptable: these might also include the management of common sedation, medical and dental emergencies.
You can select to attend 'Theoretical & Practical' or 'Theoretical only' once you have pressed 'Book now'