CDOs' RESPONSE TO IACSD STANDARDS (April 2016)
SAAD Board fully supports the IACSD Standards (April 2015) and strongly recommends that members comply with the new guidelines on training and clinical practice.
SAAD courses and the SAAD Safe Sedation Practice Scheme will continue to be aligned with the IACSD Standards as will our advice to members, professional indemnity organisations and other specialist societies.
This is a two-day course.
- Aspects of anxiety and pain control, treatment planning and patient assessment. The use of behavioural management, selection and appropriate use of drugs for sedation techniques.
- Physiology, anatomy and pharmacology relevant to Conscious Sedation.
- Organisation of the dental team, medico-legal aspects of sedation, record keeping, psychological and physiological monitoring of the sedated patient.
- Revision of the requirements of the General Dental Council in relation to the provision of Basic Life Support. Current UK Resuscitation Council Guidelines will be provided.
- Clinical cases of various conscious sedation techniques are assessed and practitioners may have practical experience of Relative Analgesia.
SAAD members are entitled to a discount of £30 - members must be logged in to claim this discount.
If your registration fee will be paid by a third party; please ensure that you enter, under 'purchaser info', all of the details they require to appear on the invoice.
Re ILS training - practitioners must be able to provide age-appropriate immediate life support as defined by the main elements of the Resuscitation Council (UK) ILS and PILS training programmes. It is not essential to undertake a Resuscitation Council (UK) accredited ILS/PILS course. Alternative courses with equivalent content which are adapted to the needs of dental practice are acceptable: these might also include the management of common sedation, medical and dental emergencies.